RV WHERE YET is a Vintage Gem that has been lovingly maintained and gently upgraded, updated and enhanced for 6 years. It pretty much ALL works…drive it away and use it today! We are HIGHLY MOTIVATED (to say the least). So motivated that We’ll even pay your airfare (as a credit upon purchase) AND pick you up at the airport! And, when you drive away, you’ll do so with a full tank of diesel!! We now own 2 Birds, and that is more joy and fun than anyone should have! PRICE REDUCED! $25,000 OBO! … Ph: 773.562.8894 email@example.com
Ready for more of both!!!
Briefly (More detail, below) It is a: Bluebird Wanderlodge 1981 FC 33, Side Bath, Mid Door, with CAT3208 Non-turbo Engine and Automatic Transmission, Ridewell Air suspension, air brakes and Kohler 6.5KW Generator. New Tires (2021), Modern Inverter and battery charger have been installed. Premium Coach-side Setup for Towed Vehicle. 150,000 Miles and 3,550 Hours as of Sept 1 2022. MANY improvements and modernizations have been made – this coach is ready to glamp ‘n roll for “The Right Buyer!”
This is truly a Drive-away opportunity to enjoy the road and own a perfected piece of history!!
How about a Few “Preview” Pics…
We’re not selling because we are unhappy… We weren’t even looking for anything different than this bus, and would have been happy in it for many more years on the road!!! We are selling because a slightly newer and slightly larger, still Vintage and absolutely cool Bluebird practically fell in our laps! As we transition to our new ride/home, we want this bus to make someone very happy!
This bus is NOT a PROJECT, it has projects (which we describe, below) …there is a BIG difference!
Is it “perfect?”
No, of course not – if anyone offers to sell you a “perfect” RV you should RUN the other way!!! There is a to do list, which I shall share, in the interest of full disclosure and to make sure the purchaser is as happy with The Bus as we have been. NONE OF THE ITEMS ON THAT LIST are of an urgent nature or would interfere in any way with the immediate use and enjoyment of The Bus! We live in it now, and you could live in it tomorrow…
If you are Interested — how do you take the next step?
You can call (773.562.8894) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hands-on, In-person viewing is welcome! The Bus is located in Elephant Butte, New Mexico (Between Albuquerque and Las Cruces).
Everyone knows that Blue Bird made some of the finest RV’s available — All-steel construction, 3/4″ plywood and millwork, Grade 8 truck platform, Air Ride, CAT Diesel Powered…We’ll describe and show more about that in a bit. First, we’ll feature some of the special upgrades!
We have removed, replaced or updated a variety of things to modernize and make it livable. For example, we removed the 12” Black and White TV and added a 40” Flat Panel. Removed the 8 track player and added a modern system with Bluetooth. We removed a couple of VERY uncomfortable (tho Vintage) chairs and added a Recliner and a Sewing Machine Cabinet/Project bench.
WE THINK these enhancements make the bus better – it’s hard to enjoy living in a museum; tho some do. We call it “IMPROVED VINTAGE” as it still attracts all the attention in parks, with none of the inconveniences onboard. If you are looking for a TRULY and COMPLETELY original vintage machine, this would not be the bus for you. Some of our updates include:
- Updated Kitchen Sink to a Deep-bowl model with new Faucet. The Original sink was a shallow-2-bowl version, and with the original faucet, you could not get even a small pot under for washing. We retrofitted a deep, single-bowl sink and higher faucet, and did so without losing any draw space.
- Replaced HORRIBLE, Uncomfortable dinette (Which was convertible to a Full Size Bed) with useful storage and prep area including custom Butcher Block Counter Top AND a really useful “Window Well” that keeps the Coffee Maker from rolling off the counter as we move down the road. We never used the bed and/or sat in the Dinette, so it became a de facto storage area…our changes just made this official.
- Installed unique Cabinet in front area to contain a Sewing Machine and space for various supplies and assorted craft stuff. This cabinet, and associated recliner, replaced two “Vintage” and horrible Barrel Chairs that no one could sit on for more than 10 minutes.
- Replaced Shag Carpet from 1980 (in perfect condition, but not practical for the purpose!) with Luxury Vinyl Plank – maintenance free and waterproof.
- Installed a foam floor in the kitchen for the benefit of the Chef’s back and legs.
- Modified the undersized rear twin beds to incorporate clothing storage, raisable platforms and full-sized twin mattresses – that fold down to a King Size Bed. Gel foam mattresses included.
- Installed 40” flat panel Television with Roof Antenna, cabling for Satellite or park Cable TV
- Enhanced Internet options, including King WifiMAX WiFi and external antenna setup for receiving/repeating Park Wifi; RG-6 Cabling for Park Cable Internet INCLUDING CABLE MODEM (for use during long term stays)
- Revised (and simplified) Water System.
- Installed Seelevel 2 Tank Level monitoring to replace original unreliable tank sensors
- Traeger Pellet Grill in rear Passenger-side Compartment with slide-out shelf.
- LED Lighting Throughout and LED Outdoor Lighting
- Temp Gauges – inside, outside, Grey and Black Water
- Rear-mounted Diamond-plate box for frequently used accessories such as carpet, lawn chairs.
Super-convenient – we would not be without it, but not everyone’s taste so Box can be removed easily to return The Bus to its Vintage Profile.
Pictures are always worth 1,000 Words!!! So here are some!!
8 thoughts on “Our Wanderlodge is FOR SALE”
I believe we saw your bus at Arcadia.
It struck us as having been well cared for.
And just for a minute we considered it.
We were there scouting spots.
We live close by.
I am sure she will be missed! Can’t wait to see the new one!
Pics and details posted soon!
Be sure to show us pics of the “new” bus!
Hi I have read your entire post on the bus and I am interested in your bus. To me old and less gadgets is better. I have one concern about the bus and that is speed. Slow hills ok but flat road and 60 tops are not appealing. Do you know or can the gearing be changed to raise the speed. Surley you have looked at that in the past. That is my only hang up on the bus!
I surely agree with you that old, mechanical and simple is better! And the Wanderlodge is SUPER well built…all steel construction!!!
With regard to gearing, I know some have changed the rear ratio to make it a little faster, and I even know one guy put a two-speed rear on. We have never even considered doing…easier and better for us to slow down!!
Happy answer any questions you might have…
Any leaks that you are aware of and would there be a place for a 3rd adult to sleep?
Great questions! For a third adult…we reupholstered the couch in front — the original Bluebird convertible bed was uncomfortable for both sitting AND sleeping. That couch is very nappable, so I assume a third adult could sleep there!
As for leaks…the bus is very tight. I resealed all the roof screws, and I keep my eyes on them. There is no membrane or other weak poi t on a Bluebird…roof is covered witdiamond plate, but there are a lot of screws. There is a leak from an overhead heater vent above the passenger that ONLY happens at highway speeds in heavy rain. Liz puts a Tupperware on the dash. I have not been able to find that one, tho I have and continue to look.